August 14, 2016

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt - Pattern 8

Today I have for you the next Block in our 
free Block of the Month Quilt
You Are Blessed.


Here is this month's verse:
You are blessed when you’re hungry and thirsty
for goodness, for then you will be fully satisfied!
Matthew 5:6


Not satisfied with your life? 
Finding possessions, job, friendships don't fill that empty void? 

Our verse this month has the answer. 
Having an appetite for God with our greatest desire to do what He requires, is where true full satisfaction is found.


I hope you will be blessed as you stitch this new block. The Pattern is here in my Craftsy Store. Next month I will have the finishing instructions for you, so keep an eye out for them.

This last week I have had a friend staying with us for a little holiday. Don't you love it when you meet up with someone whom you haven't seen for years, and you just pick up where you left off all that time ago?  We enjoyed a day at the Ekka, the affectionate name everyone calls the Royal Queensland Show. (Australians are renowned for shortening the names of things, Ekka being short for Exhibition!)

To avoid the later crowds at the Show, we made a beeline for the Fine Arts building as soon as we arrived. We roamed up and down the displays of decorated cakes, cross-stitch, quilts, crochet, woodwork and all sorts of wonderful crafts and culinary delights, expressing our opinions on the entries and the judges' decision to award 'that' one first prize, when obviously the 'other' one was better!!!

The best bit for me was when I saw this entry which had received a prize and realised it was one of my published patterns that had been used. I had special permission from an official to take a photo of it.


and here's my original version of Annie's Favourite:


The rest of our week together was spent enjoying some meals out, walks on the beach, showing my friend the sights and a trip to our local art centre. This locally-made pottery spoon holder came home with me:


When we visited one of our beaches, we were amazed to find that three tandem skydives were about to happen just a few metres in front of us. It was quite an experience to see the base co-ordinator radioing wind strength and directional details to the pilot, then looking for the plane (which was so high we couldn't see it!), then to see three tiny parachutes emerge. One was overhead, one was way over the bush and the other was out over the ocean, but they all landed on cue in the right spot on the beach!


As you can see, we have had just perfect weather. As they say about Queensland, beautiful one day, perfect the next. Hubby and I spent a couple of hours bushwalking yesterday morning which gave me plenty of motivation to cut out and start stitching a new bag design in the afternoon. Stitching is definitely better than spring cleaning!!!

Val

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What fun to see a design of yours in the crafts section! It looks like she stayed true to your pattern, too. A visit with a friend - can't beat that for wonderful. =) So you recommend Queensland as a wonderful place to live, then? It certainly looks beautiful, and so interesting to see the skydivers! Thanks for sharing this pattern. I was just thinking this morning about what happens when I surround myself with scripture reading, spiritual music, and good conversation about the gospel. My understanding really grows!