June 15, 2014

Free Block of the Month Wall Quilt Pattern 6


Wow, nearly half the year gone already.  It's time to give you Pattern 6 in our free Block of the Month "Shining Like the Dawn" wall quilt.


Such a simple statement for this month’s mini-quilt - “Do good”! Can you imagine a world where everyone acted like this? Well, it is something to look forward to one day in the New Earth that is coming!

You can download the free pattern here.

I really don't like the cold! What do I do, then, when I need to design a project celebrating Winter? The thought of it sends a cold chill through my bones - I definitely never celebrate its arrival! There was nothing for it but to go bright and cheery:


"Snowed Under" has plenty of warmth with a red cottage, red border and bright orange flowers in the garden:


 I love the tactile element with the felt "snow". There's even some nostalgia from my childhood. I remember with fondness the Snowdrops in the garden. (We always called them that but I have since learned that they are actually "Snowflakes"):


And of course there has to be my bird on the roof. You would not believe how many birds sitting just like this we see on our morning walks: 


 You can find "Snowed Under" in the Australian Patchwork & Stitching magazine, Vol 15 No 6.

I've been thinking about Christmas this week. I needed to produce a country Christmas design in a hurry:


and a contemporary one:


We are blessed with mild winters here, but yesterday the temperature dropped below 20 degrees and that to me is colder than I like! It's definitely the weather to enjoy the slower process of making a pretty project with hand-dyed felt, silk ribbons, applique and silk thread - all things I love. I really enjoy creating stitcheries and country-style projects, but there's always a place in my heart for 'real' embroidery. I've put some of my recent ventures with silk ribbon on my Facebook page if you want to see another string to my bow.

Happy stitching.
Val


4 comments:

Patricia said...

Val, I love Snowed Under! It is so wonderful. I'm live in Texas, but hope I can get the magazine here.

Patricia

Christine M said...

I love your Snowed Under hanging, Val. It is lovely.

Tammy said...

Love the snowed under wall hanging. Great job. Thank you for new installment pattern also for Do Good.

Nancy in IN said...

Thanks for the embroideries. I used several of the last ones on my granddaughter's quilt.
When do they appear? I need to sign up for them.
Thanks for sharing.