September 18, 2011

Free pattern - Consider the Lilies Pattern 9

Another month has been and gone and it's time for the next Pattern in the free
"Consider the Lilies"
 Block of the Month Quilt.  We're on to the first section of the last block, with only two more to go after this!  You have a choice this time as to which verse you want to put on the block.

The thought we're focusing on this month is just amazing:
Your Father in heaven knows!

When our world is upside down, shaken up, totally topsy turvy and not making sense, we can take comfort in the fact that our Heavenly Father knows ... and that He IS in control.



There's just a little bit of piecing to add to it to pretty it up:


You can download the pattern from my website.

I just have to show you this gorgeous interpretation of last year's free pattern, "Gifts of Grace". Denise has done a fabulous job and the log cabin blocks and lovely border really enhance the project.


Do you want another free BOM pattern next year??????? 

Another project has been sent off to a magazine his week for publishing at the beginning of next year.  I love it when an idea comes together without a hitch - not that it ever ends up anything like my original thoughts!  I find I design better "on the run" - start sewing and see where it takes me!

A little sneak peak of the very Australian design:


I've had the designing pencil out quite a bit this week or I should probably say the eraser has been out as I seem to use it more than the pencil.  I am very poor at drawing and need to study an item lots before my attempt has the faintest resemblance to what it should really look like.  Just ask anyone who has ever played Pictionary with me!  At least all that "looking" over the years has developed my eye for detail.

It's school holidays so we have two of our grandsons coming to stay for a few days.  The weather at the moment is absolutely glorious so I expect there'll be plenty of playing on the beach and the grass slide. I can actually get quite a bit of craft done while I sit on the grassy foreshore and keep an eye on them. I've cut out some cupcake pincushions in readiness.  They're small enough to take with me and don't require much concentration, but then I'll probably spend a lot of time dreaming and just enjoying the moment!  

Hope you enjoy many special moments this week.
Val

7 comments:

Marsha B said...

Val, thank you for another beautiful block. I always look forward to the next block in the BOM. I would love to do another BOM next year. I know it is a lot of work for you and I appreciate all you do. Thank you for sharing your creativity with all of us. The Australian project looks interesting, love the kangaroo. Have a wonderful time with your Grandsons, sounds like lots of fun!

Kathryn D. Duke said...

Val, thanks for sharing your lovely talents with us...

Allie said...

Thank you so much Val - how did you know I needed this reminder today??? I love how Denise did your Gifts of Grace, that is really special. The log cabin blocks set it off perfectly. I like your sneak peek. I would never have known you have trouble drawing - I do too, and also use the eraser much more than the lead, lol. But you are worlds ahead of me.

Enjoy your grandsons, playing on the beach sounds wonderful to me!

Unknown said...

Awesome blog! Thanks for sharing. :)

God bless and keep you,
Sonia

Quiltin' Sandy said...

Hi Val. Thankyou for your latest block. They are all so lovely and I'm sure a BOM next year would be wonderful. Sandy. :)

quilterliz said...

G'day Val. Will you be showing more of the Australian one? I am really interested in that. Love all the others as well. Take care. Liz...

Susie said...

Enjoy your grandsons!! They will have a ball!
Happy Stitching, Susie