June 14, 2009

The scrappy jumper

The knitting machine has been packed away. I can't say I really enjoy the process of making a jumper but the machine saw daylight through necessity and it sure is a fast way of getting some knitting done. As with my fabric stash, there are plenty of bits and pieces of wool left over from various projects, so I put this scrappy jumper together to use up quite a bit. It is so lovely and warm with the Fair Isle Pattern, versatile in that it has lots of colours to blend in with my wardrobe, and I've had quite a few nice comments on the couple of times I have worn it. In short, I am very pleased with it.


Poor husband in the end didn't get a look in as I'm afraid the machine doesn't have quite the same pull on the heart strings as the sewing machine, so I soon got sick of knitting and had to get back to needle and thread FAST!

I've been finalising instructions for sending off the project below to Country Threads this week. It is full of my favourite fusible web applique with enough embroidery to keep me happy.
Then there was the e-mail in the Inbox from the publisher of Patchwork and Stitching Magazine sending the instructions for the project below for final checking. This is one of my favourite projects - a design for children which is interactive and educational and which I had so much fun making. It's another in my "Cupboard series". You can see some of the others here.
Happy stitching!
Val

No comments: